Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guage lighting update for the CSOB, Electro Luminescent illumination for your guages!
Rotary'14
post Sep 15 2010, 07:01 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,977

QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Sep 15 2010, 05:39 PM) *

I had a chance to show how well this set up works at the RRC in moab last weekend. The folks that saw my gauges were impressed and I explained how easy it was to do this to the gauges. Great Idea, Works Great..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

I saw a guy on the bird board selling these kits for the 911 guys and they were all over his kit at $90. I wish I advertised better. BTW the 911 guys pics of his gauges were really good.

-Robert
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Al Meredith
post Sep 15 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 3,061

I just completed a similer installation with some Fiberoptic / LED cable. I did it on my 912E . The guages on the 70's 911's are not bright enough to see and need something to improve the visability . I'm also working with a green LED that I bought at PEP BOYS to use in the green arrows, can't see them in the daylight.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Sep 16 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #23

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Cool stuff!
Are these still dim-able or just on/off?
(I think I know, but just in case someone asks.)
+Quote Post
charliew
post Sep 16 2010, 07:57 AM
Post #24

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

At night can the gauge lights be turned up brighter than necessary or is the maximum still just barely enough? I know this might be a relative question but I would like to make it brighter than necessary then be able to adjust it down to the desired level. Also I still like the bling of the aftermarket gauges that have changeable colors. Has anyone seen a supplier that has a multicolored strip?
+Quote Post
Als914
post Sep 16 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #25

Lighting my way

Member No.: 5,346
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(charliew @ Sep 16 2010, 06:57 AM) *

At night can the gauge lights be turned up brighter than necessary or is the maximum still just barely enough? I know this might be a relative question but I would like to make it brighter than necessary then be able to adjust it down to the desired level. Also I still like the bling of the aftermarket gauges that have changeable colors. Has anyone seen a supplier that has a multicolored strip?

I modified my set with mutiple LED colors

Attached Image These are in my '74 and pritty much how they look at night

Attached Image Anothr set I did in cool white.

Attached Image And another.
+Quote Post
charliew
post Sep 16 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #26

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

In gauges I like bling, that looks good in my opinion. Is that led bulb strips or the wire strips connected together?
+Quote Post
Als914
post Sep 16 2010, 10:57 AM
Post #27

Lighting my way

Member No.: 5,346
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(charliew @ Sep 16 2010, 09:36 AM) *

In gauges I like bling, that looks good in my opinion. Is that led bulb strips or the wire strips connected together?

The above gauges were all done with LED, flexible strips. The multiple color gauges (top pic) were splice and soldered (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) not easily done and very time consuming.
+Quote Post
Rotary'14
post Sep 16 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 3,977

QUOTE(charliew @ Sep 16 2010, 06:57 AM) *

I would think that a few different colored EL wires can be routed behind the bezel and a simple multi-gate switch would be used to switch between them,, then you can have white,, blue,, green,, I would think 3 selectable colors would be cool. In fact if you hook up an RPM switch you can change the gauge colors orange, red when you get near red line like a shift light. (but you can only tell at nite) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

-Robert
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 06:14 AM